February 9, 2010

Mixed emotions


Leaving behind a place I've called home for the last 4 years...

After 2 long months of waiting, I finally got results from the internship matching program I've applied to. I was matched to a clinic in Lawndale, California!! It was a very unexpected result as I didn't even interview with the clinic. It was definitely a mixed bag of emotions for me last night when I found out about it. On one hand, I didn't match to a clinic in NYC (a place I'd been dying to move to). But on the other hand, Lawndale was another excellent location, just 10 minute drive away from the coast and 20 minutes away from LAX and LA downtown. I'll be closer to Vancouver and going to Melbourne will now only be a 14 hour direct flight away! Besides, who complains about having to move to California??!?!

There's so much planning to do now I don't even know where to begin and it all still feels so very unreal to me...



~CC

2 comments:

Christian said...

It's great news! It's crazy when you have a choice in front of you that you didn't expect to have at all. It'll be a good experience! Enjoy Cali!

Steph Lam said...

you forgot to mention you're only 2 hour flight away from ME!

Post a Comment